The server economy is kinda dead

You can talk about anything here.
TheOneSoldier
Hermit
Hermit
Minecraft Name: The_One_Soldier

So are suggestion threads going to be a recurring theme on the forums until the end of time?
Nothing has happened since the I made this post, nor has anything happened since the summer forum post about central trades.
Now that I think about it, what is even the point of suggestions if they are ignored so heavily?
:)
morganinthewoods
Hermit
Hermit
Minecraft Name: Morganinthewoods

v true
Tiberaus
Old Hermit
Old Hermit
Minecraft Name: tiberaus

TheOneSoldier wrote:
03 Jan 2021, 12:01
So are suggestion threads going to be a recurring theme on the forums until the end of time?
Nothing has happened since the I made this post, nor has anything happened since the summer forum post about central trades.
Now that I think about it, what is even the point of suggestions if they are ignored so heavily?
I'd like to apologize on behalf of the seniors. We hear your suggestions and are currently in the process of implementing them. The implementation is just taking longer than we thought. If you thought we had simply ignored this thread that is not the case.

Unfortunately, I cannot provide an ETA for the new features (recipes) to be added, as I am not the one handling it. I will kindly remind everyone that seniors are volunteers who each have their own lives which can eat up all their time to play.

Again, I apologize for the lack of response from our end and thank everyone here for their extended patience.
Stay at home, Save the world.

"Asking for help is never an admission of defeat."
― Unknown

Block Hermit Non-Official DiscordSupport The Server
Kolas
Hermit
Hermit
Minecraft Name: kolas32613

can we get a preview of what the current planned changes are? waiting for someone to ask if the seniors are even listening before sharing some info is a bad idea. Hayan sometimes comes out with some info but if the seniors have anything planned, know what it is will ease a lot of us. Maybe expand on what some of the features you are talking of. Even if things are subject to change, knowing stuff is being taken care of gives peace of mind to everyone.
Finding answers to your questions is a part of the Blockhermit experience.
crankydetective
Hermit
Hermit
Minecraft Name: Crankydetective

yes i agree
Corona is the next step in Darwins theory of evolution
Tiberaus
Old Hermit
Old Hermit
Minecraft Name: tiberaus

Kolas wrote:
11 Jan 2021, 06:23
can we get a preview of what the current planned changes are? waiting for someone to ask if the seniors are even listening before sharing some info is a bad idea. Hayan sometimes comes out with some info but if the seniors have anything planned, know what it is will ease a lot of us. Maybe expand on what some of the features you are talking of. Even if things are subject to change, knowing stuff is being taken care of gives peace of mind to everyone.
Basically, we are implementing new ways to obtain rare items that are made difficult to get by our server size (i.e. they would normally be very abundant on a server with 10-15 players and an infinite world.) This is the easiest and most actionable "fix" for the economy. The idea is to make it easier for players to sell the things that people are always buying. The "new ways" are custom crafting recipes, fishing loot, and trades.

Unfortunately, we still do not have a concrete list of what items we will implement and how we will implement them. It's just an idea at this point (The seniors discussed items that have been posted in this thread.) The reason it's taking so long is that a lot of seniors are currently inactive, on holiday, or working. No one really has the power to "make" us become super active again, and, unfortunately, there is not much more I can do besides reporting our progress.

Again, I thank everyone for their generous patience.
Stay at home, Save the world.

"Asking for help is never an admission of defeat."
― Unknown

Block Hermit Non-Official DiscordSupport The Server
Kolas
Hermit
Hermit
Minecraft Name: kolas32613

Not saying you guys have to work for the server(you most certainly do not), but if current seniors can't find time to work on some fixes, it might be a good idea to take help from the players themselves. Don't have to recruit new seniors/juniors but maybe make a committee with normal players along with seniors/juniors in it to sort this out. There are a lot of players who are active on the server and actively talk about this issue (the merchant guild peeps).

Maybe don't do this committee work in public since you don't want people bothering the members but taking help from the players for this issue I the way to go imo. This way, at least the planning stage can be taken care of and implementation of planned changes can be tackled later.
Finding answers to your questions is a part of the Blockhermit experience.
morganinthewoods
Hermit
Hermit

Kolas wrote:
27 Jan 2021, 09:45
it might be a good idea to take help from the players themselves. Don't have to recruit new seniors/juniors but maybe make a committee with normal players along with seniors/juniors in it to sort this out.
This is probably the best solution to make the server better.
Wout
Senior
Senior
Minecraft Name: Wout

In a first attempt to fix this issue, I've started opening adminshops in central again. There are currently two shops open:

One is end themed where players can currently buy the following items (old trades):
- 1 elytra for 200k rhines.
- 1 shulker for 32 poisonous potatoes.

In this discussion, there was some talk about new players not having solid ways of earning rhines without having to mine. So I put some signs where players can sell items for rhines:
- 64 Chorus Flowers for 1k rhines.
- 64 End Rods for 250 rhines.

The other store is for trading crops.
You can buy:
- 32 Wheat Seeds for 250 rhines.
- 32 Potatoes for 250 rhines.
- 32 Carrots for 250 rhines.
You can sell:
- 64 Wheat for 350 rhines.

I know it's not much, but it's a start. I'm hoping we can add more shops like we had in newtown (1.12 previous map). We'll probably add some more signs for crops. Are there any items you guys would like to see changed or added?

Also, I agree with kolas. I'd be cool to have some players looking over market (and the economy itself), because I get the feeling there aren't a lot of seniors interested.
morganinthewoods
Hermit
Hermit

Thanks for the start! this is great