Suggestions for when the next server reset is

You can talk about anything here.
jesse_947
Hermit
Hermit
Minecraft Name: photo_star

When the server is eventually reset (most likely for the caves and cliffs update). I think that the world boarder should be extended and the end should be larger. the reasoning for making the end larger is pretty obvious... elytras are super hard to get once players have already raided the end. also, another possible solution is to have end resets, so that new players can get elytras and not have to spend 32 dmb. so why should the world boarder be extended? well, after playing some snapshots for the new update it becomes apparent that the new biomes, such as lush caves and the new large mountains are very rare. so with a smaller world boarder there may only be 1 or 2 of these biomes. but, somethings are meant to change so maybe in the near future these biomes wont be as rare.
minecraft good, schoool bad
Slaepy
Old Hermit
Old Hermit
Minecraft Name: SleepyAppa

+1
I believe current border is 4.5k x 4.5k so maybe extend to like 7.5k x 7.5k? We def need more room cause bases are pretty crowded as it is, and expanding the world border even by that much gives so much more potential for bases.
TheOneSoldier
Hermit
Hermit
Minecraft Name: The_One_Soldier

Current overworld map size is 10.4k by 10.4k, and by my guess around 90% or more regions aren't used atm, so idk what a map expansion would do.
The small size of the end definitely limits the amount of elytras a newer player can obtain, along with their unrealistically high cost to obtain via diamonds/rhines. Lower elytra prices along with a much larger end border might help, and maybe allowing elytra to be used in the end again could lower elytra prices aswell.
:) Ruin
Tiberaus
Old Hermit
Old Hermit
Minecraft Name: tiberaus

+1 for the overworld, +0.5 for the end. The resource world and resource end must be pre-generated (meaning we pre-load all of the chunks) because players loading chunks for the first time causes lots of lag. The larger the end, the more work is required to reset it. I see no reason why the overworld should not be expanded, but we can't say for certain until the full release is out. Keep the suggestions coming :)
Stay at home, Save the world.

"Asking for help is never an admission of defeat."
― Unknown

Block Hermit Non-Official DiscordSupport The Server
Wixler_17
Old Hermit
Old Hermit
Minecraft Name: Wixler_17

out of curiosity, why does the end chunks need to be pre-loaded, but not the nether ones? I still find chunks in the nether that have not been loaded
I went to bed and looked at the stars

and then I thought...

Where is my ceiling?
jesse_947
Hermit
Hermit

Tiberaus wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 01:57
+1 for the overworld, +0.5 for the end. The resource world and resource end must be pre-generated (meaning we pre-load all of the chunks) because players loading chunks for the first time causes lots of lag. The larger the end, the more work is required to reset it. I see no reason why the overworld should not be expanded, but we can't say for certain until the full release is out. Keep the suggestions coming :)
If all the end portals have been opened, would that be a good reason for a end reset?
Cobbett
Senior
Senior
Minecraft Name: Cobbett

All worlds are pre-generated now, including the Nether. But lava and water flows won't start to update until a player visits the area, so it sometimes seems that it's newly generated. The resource End isn't very large because Elytra are blocked (or should be), so without warps there are limits to how far we can expect players to travel in search of End cities. It gets reset when it's about 75% explored, or slightly earlier.

The rarity of the mountain biomes will almost certainly be an issue for 1.17, but until the java snapshots start generating them we're just guessing really.
crankydetective
Old Hermit
Old Hermit
Minecraft Name: Crankydetective

yes end reset is very much need.Buying a elytra for like 1million diamonds is not worth it.I really hope for these suggestions to come true.it would be great.(would it be possible for one player sleep?)
Corona is the next step in Darwins theory of evolution
Slaepy
Old Hermit
Old Hermit
Minecraft Name: SleepyAppa

crankydetective wrote:
06 Apr 2021, 17:14
yes end reset is very much need.Buying a elytra for like 1million diamonds is not worth it.I really hope for these suggestions to come true.it would be great.(would it be possible for one player sleep?)
Well 1 player sleep is a bad idea IMO since someone might need it to be night but someone sleeps accidentally, its just annoying.
also its like 20 DB
jesse_947
Hermit
Hermit

update: all the end portals have now been opened