Missing Items After Sever Crash

If you've run into a glitch or server error, please let us know here.
Munchkin
Old Hermit
Old Hermit
Minecraft Name: Munchkinnibbler

After Today's crash (about 1 pm BST on the 27th July) I rejoined to find at least 3 of my shulkers were missing. From what I can recall, I had them placed down and had since picked them up and put them in my ender chest. I proceeded to break my ender chest, where I then found that the whole server had crashed and then promptly timed out.

As it was a recent thing, it was suggested that I contacted LayaElizabeth, who had restarted the server. I realise that this was a big misuse of discord but I failed to remember this in my panicked state. I also happened to go onto Hypixel as I intended to play on there while I waited, there I did mention to Yuri that the server had crashed only as something to say. While I may have left shortly after, I did not, in any way shape or form, only come on there to just tell Yuri that the server had crashed. I simply changed my mind and had to go anyway.

That being said I would like to deeply apologise to both Laya and Yuri and the server as a whole for this and would not like my shulkers back as I feel that I should receive some form of punishment for my actions. I am raising this issue in case any other players have also lost items. This is a worrying enough time as it is, without my added stress onto Laya and Yuri's part. Again I am sorry for what I have done as it was completely wrong.

Many Thanks
Munchkin
Oh hello, I’m from Britain. Like drinking tea in the kitchen, we love queueing and the weather and being polite, there’s nothing better. :D
Tiberaus
Old Hermit
Old Hermit
Minecraft Name: Tiberaus

You're being a bit hard on yourself there. I won't speak on Laya or Yuri's behalf, but it is generally ok to reach out to seniors in an urgent situation such as this. That's kind of what we're here for. When we say "don't DM seniors" we really mean "don't DM seniors about trivial things that should be handled on the forums." We put this rule in place so if you have an issue, all of the seniors can see and weigh in on it, rather than just the person you messaged.

As for your shulker boxes, I'll be happy to try and recover them if you can give me more info (coords where you dropped them, the color of the boxes, if they were named, etc.) Throwing away your hard-earned items isn't a valid response to letting a senior know there's a problem.

Speaking for myself, you- and anyone else are more than welcome to @ me on discord with time-sensitive questions. Even if it's not time-sensitive, I'll still do my best to help.

Cheers,
Tiberaus
Stay at home, Save the world.

"Asking for help is never an admission of defeat."
― Unknown

Block Hermit Non-Official DiscordSupport The Server
Munchkin
Old Hermit
Old Hermit

Oh really? Thanks.

That does make sense making sure trivial stuff can be seen by all, so I can see why it exists.

If you're sure that you are happy to get my shulkers back that would be great. I had them placed within a 9x9 square area about -199, 62, -1780 to -200, 62 -1781. I have now noticed that I'm missing a 4th too, which of course isn't great news. Anyway from what I can recall I've lost :
-A white shulker named 'Frosted Box' which contained 2 stacks of snow blocks and some packed ice (don't worry about getting those, they're nothing too irreplaceable). I've also just remembered that it contained about 40-to a stack of regular quartz stairs and a similar amount of regular quartz slabs
-A yellow shulker named 'Construction Box' which contained lots of Brick Blocks and Stone Bricks.
-A cyan shulker named 'Art Box' which contained some custom banners and about a stack of blue wool. (I wouldn't expect anyone to replace the banners, they're things I can recreate myself, nor the wool to be honest as that's fairly replaceable.)
and finally,
-A brown shulker named 'Woodbox' which, as the name suggests, contained wood. These were about 2-3 stacks of oak logs and 1 stack of spruce logs.

Again, it would be greatly appreciated if you are happy to retrieve some shulkers.
Many Thanks
Munchkin
Oh hello, I’m from Britain. Like drinking tea in the kitchen, we love queueing and the weather and being polite, there’s nothing better. :D
Tiberaus
Old Hermit
Old Hermit

Let me get your story straight: You broke your shulker boxes and they were on the ground when the server shut down? Did you rejoin as soon as you were able? How much time was between you logging of and rejoining?

― Unknown

Munchkin
Old Hermit
Old Hermit

Yeah that about sums it up although I had been able to place them into my ender chest before the crash, yet they were not in there upon rejoining nor on the ground floating or placed. I think I reconnected within about 30 seconds to a minute of the server being back online so if they were floating as items on the ground there wouldn’t have been enough time for them to despawn.
HayanTokki
Owner
Owner
Minecraft Name: HayanTokki

Mmm... the part about DMs on discord is a bit misinformed. I specifically can be contacted in situations like this because I specifically said please do so. But I do not want other seniors or juniors to be reached out to unless they specifically OK'd receiving DMs.
Tiberaus
Old Hermit
Old Hermit

My mistake. Players should default to using the forums for inquiries, but I won't punish anyone for DMing me.

About your shulkers: We couldn't find any record of the items you described during that time period. That doesn't mean they weren't there during the crash, but it does unfortunately mean we are unable to recover them for you.

― Unknown

Munchkin
Old Hermit
Old Hermit

That’s alright, I think I should be able to manage without for now.

Thanks for your help anyway