Portal Gold farm Questions

You can talk about anything here.
awesomesandwich
Hermit
Hermit
Minecraft Name: awesomesandwich

Hello, recentley I started to build my portal gold farm which is ilmangos design. While building the last 1/4 of the farm a couple people suggested I add a switch to decrease the lag whenever im not there at the farm. But the design doesnt have a switch and it doesnt need one because the design has the farm so whenever the player isnt in the afk spot the farm doesnt work correctley. This conversation about adding a switch and not adding one has been going on for about 15 mins, if you could just clear up wether I should add a switch or not. Thanks!

-awesomesandwich
Munchkin
Old Hermit
Old Hermit
Minecraft Name: Munchkinnibbler

For those who may not be aware, a switch system would involve making the farm agro based around a stationary snow golem rather than a player. At any time, the agro system could be turned off by simply flicking the lever and stopping the agro making zombified piglins from reaching a snow golem. Therefore it would not run endlessly like a turtle egg / player based one would, only operating when the snow golem is able to hit a piglin within the system. In addition to the killing system for this method does not rely on entitiy cramming, instead using simple methods like fall damage.

Esentially you'd have no more than 3 zombified piglins travelling around some water 1 at a time. 1 of them would reach a spot where a snow golem could fire at them. This triggers the agro without harming the zombified piglin. The lever would stop the zombified piglins from reaching the snow golem's hit range, thus stopping the agro.
Oh hello, I’m from Britain. Like drinking tea in the kitchen, we love queueing and the weather and being polite, there’s nothing better. :D
awesomesandwich
Hermit
Hermit
Minecraft Name: awesomesandwich

I am running half of the farm, i checked the servers lag a couple times and no lag. Edit: the farm is running at max capacity, still seems like no lag