Sell to the server (current worth prices)

You can talk about anything here.
HayanTokki
Owner
Owner
Minecraft Name: HayanTokki

ThinkTrident wrote:
14 Aug 2020, 15:49
steven980702 wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 21:36
Today I found out that you can't sell inksacs to the server,
and is it possible to bring back emeralds to the list but have its value reduced to around 10-12?
With my drowned farm I encounter lots of squids, which I usually kill or they fall out and die. This leaves me with an excess amount of inc sacs that I really don't want or need, I think making them sellable even if its at a reduced price would be really useful.
That means that they are farmed, even if you didn't mean to farm them. We are not adding most farmable items.
Munchkin
Old Hermit
Old Hermit
Minecraft Name: Munchkinnibbler

HayanTokki wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 10:42
Consummables/misc:
cod: 0.0625
cookedcod: 0.125
enderpearl: 0.0625
leather: 16.0
inksack: 8.0
Sorry if I'm taking this the wrong way but ink sacs currently appear on the list. I presume this is a mistake?
Oh hello, I’m from Britain. Like drinking tea in the kitchen, we love queueing and the weather and being polite, there’s nothing better. :D
HayanTokki
Owner
Owner

Yeah. It shouldn't be on it. Will double check on Monday.
Munchkin
Old Hermit
Old Hermit

Munchkin wrote:
06 Aug 2020, 18:13
Can I just add that it seems a bit of a shame to completely remove the ability to sell ghast tears as it’s something that’s not too difficult to obtain and would incentivise a way to farm rhines. Perhaps they could be added back but with a smaller price say no more than 50-75 rhines if even as high as that.

Also as the spawn rate for ghasts has dramatically increased in 1.16, more players are going to encounter them and would then kill the ghast (for whatever reason, it could just be so that they’re not attacked) thus leaving a ghast tear which could create lag. Again this could incentivise people to actually collect the tear to sell for a little bit of money. However I do understand if ghast tears remain un-sellable.
With reference to my earlier post, as above. Would this re-introduction be possible? I might also suggest that the price for ghast tears goes even lower than the 50-75 that I originally suggested, perhaps 15-25 rhines would be a fair price per tear? Again I do understand if they remain unsellable, it just seems a shame not to have more than just one way to incentivise newer players. In addition to that, most newer players will be sleeping regularly, to avoid mobs, and finding ghasts would be much easier than phantoms.

Thank you for taking the time to double-check the ink sacs on the sellable items list and read this latest post. I hope ink sacs have not caused too much confusion so far.

Many Thanks
Munchkin
Oh hello, I’m from Britain. Like drinking tea in the kitchen, we love queueing and the weather and being polite, there’s nothing better. :D
Munchkin
Old Hermit
Old Hermit

Sorry to be bringing this back up again, however ink sacs remain on the list yet are unsellable. I appreciate this is a mistake but if they could be taken off the list, it would hopefully prevent any confusion.
Also again apologies for asking but has a desicion been made regarding ghast tears (as above)? It seems that my question has been left unanswered for 7 weeks and it would be nice to have it brought to a close. Even just a 'no we will not make ghast tears resellable' would be appreciated.

Many Thanks
Munchkin
HayanTokki
Owner
Owner

As of August 4th, we've decided not to allow ghast tears to be sold to the server. They can still be sold between players and we encourage players to do so.

Ink sac has been removed from the list of this post. I had a bit of confusion in that I thought you meant they were showing up as sellable on the server itself.
Munchkin
Old Hermit
Old Hermit

Thanks clarifying that and sorting out the ink sac problem. Sorry that I had confused you though.