Sell to the server (current worth prices)

You can talk about anything here.
HayanTokki
Owner
Owner
Minecraft Name: HayanTokki

These are the items you can sell to the server using

Code: Select all

/sell (ITEMNAME)
Please note that the prices may change at any given time and items may be added/removed.

Blocks:
stone: 0.5
granite: 1.0
diorite: 1.0
andesite: 1.0
dirt: 0.25
cobblestone: 0.5
netherrack: 0.5
gravel: 1.0
sandstone: 0.5

Farmables:
ghasttear: 160.0 (removed as of Aug 04, 2020)
Phantom Membrane: 1.0 (added as of Aug 04, 2020)
wheatseeds: 0.25
oaksapling: 4.0
sprucesapling: 16.0
birchsapling: 6.0
junglesapling: 16.0
acaciasapling: 6.0
darkoaksapling: 16.0

Consummables/misc:
cod: 0.0625
cookedcod: 0.125
enderpearl: 0.0625
leather: 16.0
inksack: 8.0 (Removed as of N/A)
HayanTokki
Owner
Owner

We have made a conscious decision to not allow a lot of items you can farm on this list as we want to encourage a player-to-player economy and decrease the incentive to create farms that would normally be unnecessary.

The server would like to buy items that are gathered in excess such as cobblestone during mining so we can decrease the lag produced from players who mine and drop items when their inventories are full.
Posh_D
Hermit
Hermit
Minecraft Name: Posh_D

I'd like to see soul sand be added to the blocks list, since they just get left behind when mining and they can't be farmable
Popping Up At The Top!
Wixler_17
Old Hermit
Old Hermit
Minecraft Name: Wixler_17

To add to Posh’s point, it would probably be best if all natural nether blocks could be sold, ei darkstone, soulsand (both types), basalt and magma blocks. I’ve encountered the issue of having too full of an inventory netherite mining and having to leave an item trail of basalt and dark stone.
I went to bed and looked at the stars

and then I thought...

Where is my ceiling?
HayanTokki
Owner
Owner

That's a shame. I'd buy those darkstones and basalt off of you for a fair price.
hoost
Senior
Senior
Minecraft Name: hoost

The counter to that though is a lot of people actively collect these. It is a given netherrack is the surplus. "/sell all" is an easy go to for people and I think adding more potential sales items would be to accidentally detrimental to people. Of course one can do "/sell netherrack" but then they need to do the same for quartz. Idk, two sides to the equation but I think the items you mentioned are still new and relatively uncommon (or novel) and as a result it is too soon to consider adding them.

As of a few days ago someone was paying 1 diamond for 16 blackstone, so clearly there is a market for them peer to peer, which also disincentives the server from wanting to buy them as well.
“Remember! Reality's an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold! Byeeee!” - Anonymous, or is it?
Wixler_17
Old Hermit
Old Hermit
Minecraft Name: Wixler_17

I guess I can agree, while netherrack is just a pain to have, Blackstone and basalt is quite a nice decoration block.
I went to bed and looked at the stars

and then I thought...

Where is my ceiling?
scifiguy7
Hermit
Hermit
Minecraft Name: scifiguy7

Concerning blocks, I think sand should be added to the list.

Also i had a thought about the selling process and how it is somewhat like an admin shop, but only for obtaining rhines to help discourage leaving blocks on the ground that don't always despawn because of a slightly more aggressive chunk load/unload method on the server.

Since selling is still effectively destroying those blocks, what about consider retaining a "buffer" of items that could be bought back for something like double (or more) of the sell worth?

My thinking is that this would create a sort of mini-economy though an admin store with finite resources.

Items availble to be bought would initially be set at some maximum level. As items are sold, the number of available blocks increases but couldn't exceed that maximum level.

When an item is bought, the number of items available is reduced, still resulting in a permanent item destruction, which could cause the shop to go to zero per item if it were in high demand, for instance cobblestone or gravel.

This could result in some items that might be frequently bought but not sold very often, which I expect might happen with dirt, for example, where there may be more demand than supply. If an item hit zero it stock of items would only be increased by more items sold.

This way it is not anfinite source for blocks, like admin shops tend to be.

It seems like it could possibly be setup using SignShops, and seems like a good compromise to help prevent an admin shop from competing too heavily with items in market shops (especially if the price to buy is sufficiantly high).

I would expect this might be used more as a convienience to someone not wanting to o back to the market for something, similar to the way the sell function is being used. The only thing I see that could be a slight issue is that it would be very helpful to have the worth command to return both the item sell and buy values, and the number of items available to buy.
HayanTokki
Owner
Owner

Sand will not be added for the same reason terracotta is not added. They were the main reason people destroyed so many deserts in our previous two maps.

We will not be modifying the plugin to keep data for you to be able to buy back blocks you sold. This is out of our reach and would otherwise also create lag.
steven980702
Hermit
Hermit
Minecraft Name: Steven980702

Today I found out that you can't sell inksacs to the server,
and is it possible to bring back emeralds to the list but have its value reduced to around 10-12?