Central Trades

You can talk about anything here.
Kamthekam
Hermit
Hermit
Minecraft Name: Kamthekam

Hello!

I was just wondering about the different trades in central. I realize that they're a bit broken at the moment, so it'll be a bit before we get them back, but I was just wondering if the trades were going to be the same or different. I've just heard a few different answers from the players.
Hey, are you mercuric chloride? Cause you're pretty toxic.
Tiberaus
Old Hermit
Old Hermit
Minecraft Name: Tiberaus

The trades aren't yet set in stone. Until they are, we'd like to hear from players what trades they want to see.
Stay at home, Save the world.

"Asking for help is never an admission of defeat."
― Unknown

Block Hermit Non-Official DiscordSupport The Server
Najyk
Hermit
Hermit
Minecraft Name: Najyk

I'd honestly love to see a way to get pigstep without having to find it in a bastion, since there are way more players who want it than there are bastions to raid.
Kamthekam
Hermit
Hermit

I know a lot of players liked both the scutes for a sponge and the potatoes for the shulker shells. Those would be nice to keep. But, I think that the pigstep idea sounds good, cause there defiantly won't be enough for all of us.
Raven
Fresh Hermit
Fresh Hermit
Minecraft Name: RavenSky123

I agree with Najyk, Pigstep would be very nice to have as a trade. Is the shulker trade still necessary, however, as shulker shells can be obtained easily from voting? Still, I think it is nice to have a use for poisonous potatoes... Perhaps (if it does indeed go ahead)a trade for pigstep could involve poisonous potatoes? Just a thought :P.
-Raven
Edit: As shulker shells are no longer (so frequently) a reward from voting, the shulker trade should definitely remain. However, I don't really see a need for the 'Iron for enderpearls' trade, especially as enderpearls are obtained (often in excess) at the ender blender.
Last edited by Raven on 13 Aug 2020, 05:01, edited 2 times in total.
Heya!
Kamthekam
Hermit
Hermit

I still feel like we should have a shulker trade, as you can only vote once per day. But that's just what I think. Maybe pigstep could be traded for a lot of gold, as that's sort of a piglin thing.
Wixler_17
Old Hermit
Old Hermit
Minecraft Name: Wixler_17

Here are some trades that I'd like to see, this list also contains what has been debated in this discussion:

Enchanted golden apple -> Elytra
Beacon(?) + 32 Rabbit Feet(?) -> Heart of the sea
some number of scute (maybe 4?) -> Sponge
8 Rotten Flesh (?) -> xp bottle (Compared to the 10 needed before, I just rather it go through a stack nicely)
8 String (?) -> cobweb (Compared to 16 previously)
16 Poison potato->Shulker shell
64 Netherrack (?) + 1 Wither skull(?) -> Pigstep
8 gold ingots(?) + 1 Blackstone(?) -> Gilded Blackstone
1 Emerald (?) -> 1 quartz (?) (Would like debate on this one)

There was also the ender pearl trade that used iron, but I think we can disregard that one

All trades under 9 items could be replaced as a crafting recipe, although I am unaware of how the plugin works around that

I'd also like trades for:

Pigstep disk (trade ideas mentioned already)
Gilded Blackstone. Its a very rare decoration block that can only be found in bastions, and is not renewable. Since there is a "small border" (~3k rather than 30M) around the nether, its not accessible to everyone, and I feel like the builders on the server would really like an abundant supply of these. I feel that a fair trade is 9 gold ingots and 1 Blackstone for one gilded Blackstone
Last edited by Wixler_17 on 27 Jul 2020, 22:08, edited 1 time in total.
I went to bed and looked at the stars

and then I thought...

Where is my ceiling?
Kamthekam
Hermit
Hermit

Yeah I agree with Wix. A gilded blackstone trade would be great, I never thought of that.
Kolas
Hermit
Hermit
Minecraft Name: kolas32613

beacon trade broke elytra economy when they were available so i don't think it is a good idea to trade anything with beacons but we definitely need a good heart of the sea trade. agree with other stuff wixler said.
Finding answers to your questions is a part of the Blockhermit experience.
tim i think
Fresh Hermit
Fresh Hermit
Minecraft Name: tim_i_think

i think instead of trading for gilded Blackstone like wix suggested maybe doing a custom recipe would be better because he just suggested what would probably be the recipe
Made Ya Look