Nether roof for 1.16

You can talk about anything here.
TheHypnon
Hermit
Hermit
Minecraft Name: TheHypnon

HayanTokki wrote:
16 Aug 2020, 20:11
Players can claim as much as their claim allowance allows them.
If you have enough claim blocks to claim your entire nether counterpart of your region, go ahead. This is going to be the only exception to being able to claim more than one structure of the same type.
So the short answer is no. If youre unlucky enough to have multiple structures inside your region youre not allowed to claim it even if you have no interest in these structures(you could probably get another player to claim them for themselves and work with subclaims and trust mechanics but that would require trust between these players and may be seen as an exploit).
Also there is no specification that prohibits players to claim AROUND a structure, build a wall and thus still effectively monoploizing that structure(also maybe an exploit but if youre not allowed to claim a structure despite only needing the coordinates nobody can fault you to claim random land no matter what it encompass).
HayanTokki wrote:
People in claim debt can pay and accrue by playing on the server. You are granted 100 claim blocks per hour played.
Seniors have no plans in claiming on behalf of a player in the nether, so you will not be granted 'mayorship' in the nether and thus you will not be able to go into claim debt through the nether.

Yes this is the mechanic as specified in the rules, BUT there is the additional mechanic of mayorship allowing you to bypass the 160.000 needed claimblocks needed to claim a region.
If you want to claim a region and claim the connected nether to that region you would need 320.000 claimblocks, that would need 3200 hours of active playtime in total, as per rules youre not allowed to afk and get kicked automatically, so this would take 1/3 of a year of total playtime. Compare this to the old nether in which the nether connected to your region was only 2500 blocks large, so you would only need 25 additional hours of playtime. Also youre not allowed to claim before the claim debt of your overworld region is paid off.
HayanTokki wrote:
All builds in the nether will be the player's obligation. Claims were introduced on the server so that players can protect their builds without seniors having to intervene. We want to really stress that going forward with the new nether being introduced. Please claim your builds and make sure you're building within your claims. Though we will still enforce the "If you didn't make it, don't touch it" rule, we strongly advise players to make sure their builds are protected. It is highly unlikely for us to revert destroyed builds or refund stolen items so it is crucial that you protect your builds the best you can. As for the ghast, they shouldn't be a problem because as we stated earlier, all block-break by explosions will be disabled in the nether.
A player cannot claim their build if they are still in claim debt, of course to claim huge amounts of land while still in claim debt would be irresponsible, but you do get asked to remove claims as small as 100 blocks(the minimum size) even if it is to prevent griefing and sabotage. To build without claiming your builds would either force you to work with only simple builds and replacable ressources, or put your work and your ressources at greater risk of loss. Also other players could claim your build for their own, and while Im confident that this would be resolved through Seniors and the Forum it would still be a time consuming task.
The "If you didn't make it, don't touch it" rule is a gentlemans rule at best unless considerably damage was done.

Im really sorry if i seem overly anal about it, but unspecified rules will lead to problems that take way longer to resolve than to work out these rules in the first place. And while I do own a personal region and am currently in debt claim(still for 87.000 blocks) I do not whine here to be granted more stuff, but as I am unable to play for extended amount of times and these rules greatly favor people with only small claims or huge playtimes I want to bring out concerns of part-time hermits. And I in no way wish to take away the hard work of longtime players or wish to discredit players that chose to focus on smaller builds I only wish for a bit of safety in the most dangerous part of a minecraft world.

So i would propose that with the next reset of the nether players could be granted a certain amount of claimblocks(maybe around 500-1000 to build, or around 100-200 to secure nether portals) to be exclusively used in the nether as to grant everyone a fair chance to get a place of safety or nether structures if they so desire. Or if not granted at least not forced to remove claims below a certain size and amount.
If this is not possible as per server mechanics or as to server philosophies then just disregard this proposition. I just wanted to give a possible solution instead of only complaing.
Tiberaus
Old Hermit
Old Hermit
Minecraft Name: Tiberaus

To clarify:

There are no regions in the nether. Your mayorship of your overworld region has absolutely no effect in the nether. No claims will be created for you in the nether, you will not be able to apply for mayorship in the nether, and you cannot amass claim debt through the nether. I don't think you will find a reason to claim a 400x400 area in the nether unless you have a nether base that's that big.

The minimum claim area will remain at 100 blocks. At this time we are not planning to give players extra claim blocks. When players apply for personal mayorship, they accept that they will not be able to claims until they play for long enough to pay it back. We do not have the ability to make "nether-only" claim blocks.

Preventing other players from accessing a structure through any means (including claiming the perimeter) counts as owning the structure. We will remove any claims that "lock" a nether structure if the owner already has one of those structures.

TLDR; In the nether, you should only be claiming structures you build or structures you find (max 2). As with any other claim, its up to players to manage them and make sure they have enough claim blocks.
Stay at home, Save the world.

"Asking for help is never an admission of defeat."
― Unknown

Block Hermit Non-Official DiscordSupport The Server
Munchkin
Old Hermit
Old Hermit
Minecraft Name: Munchkinnibbler

Tiberaus wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 15:48
To clarify:

TLDR; In the nether, you should only be claiming structures you build or structures you find (max 2). As with any other claim, its up to players to manage them and make sure they have enough claim blocks.
Just to check, does this structure limit of 2 count farms as 1 structure per farm?

If, and I'm not saying I would, I built 2 different farms, within an enclosed area of a base, would that then take up the 2 structure limit as it is 2 structures I have built? Or would they count as one as they are within the boundaries of 1 main nether base?

What I'm trying to establish is what counts as a player built structure. I'm just not entirely sure if you mean that you would be limited to 2 farms and can claim nothing else or if you would be able to build a nether base and have those farms within said base (as that could technically count as 3 separate builds) all fully claimed.

Thanks
Munchkin
Oh hello, I’m from Britain. Like drinking tea in the kitchen, we love queueing and the weather and being polite, there’s nothing better. :D
Tiberaus
Old Hermit
Old Hermit
Minecraft Name: Tiberaus

Munchkin wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 16:56
Tiberaus wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 15:48
To clarify:

Just to check, does this structure limit of 2 count farms as 1 structure per farm?

If, and I'm not saying I would, I built 2 different farms, within an enclosed area of a base, would that then take up the 2 structure limit as it is 2 structures I have built? Or would they count as one as they are within the boundaries of 1 main nether base?

What I'm trying to establish is what counts as a player built structure. I'm just not entirely sure if you mean that you would be limited to 2 farms and can claim nothing else or if you would be able to build a nether base and have those farms within said base (as that could technically count as 3 separate builds) all fully claimed.

Thanks
Munchkin
My apologies, I worded that incorrectly. The claim limit applies to naturally-generated structures. You can claim no more than one bastion remnant and one nether fortress. What you make inside those claims is up to you. Player-made structures in the nether are exempt from this rule.
Stay at home, Save the world.

"Asking for help is never an admission of defeat."
― Unknown

Block Hermit Non-Official DiscordSupport The Server
Munchkin
Old Hermit
Old Hermit
Minecraft Name: Munchkinnibbler

No worries! Thanks for clarifying anyway.
Oh hello, I’m from Britain. Like drinking tea in the kitchen, we love queueing and the weather and being polite, there’s nothing better. :D
TheHypnon
Hermit
Hermit
Minecraft Name: TheHypnon

HayanTokki wrote:
As for the ghast, they shouldn't be a problem because as we stated earlier, all block-break by explosions will be disabled in the nether.
Ghast explosions are still turned on in the nether.
If im currently complaining before youve had the chance to change the settings then I apologize but as with the resource nether before it, ghast explosions were turned on even though it was repeatedly stated that they were turned off.