Sell to the server (current worth prices)

You can talk about anything here.
Tiberaus
Old Hermit
Old Hermit
Minecraft Name: Tiberaus

steven980702 wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 21:36
Today I found out that you can't sell inksacs to the server,
and is it possible to bring back emeralds to the list but have its value reduced to around 10-12?
We deliberately removed emeralds from the list to prevent players from quickly amassing millions of rhines from villager trades. We are not looking to bring this back, unfortunately.
Stay at home, Save the world.

"The best way to climb out of a hole is to first put down the shovel."
― Unknown
HayanTokki
Owner
Owner
Minecraft Name: HayanTokki

Emeralds are farmable off of villagers. Even if you're not amassing a lot of rhines with it, we are avoiding adding majority of things you can farm to this list. Wheat seeds end up in excess much like cobblestone, so that is added, but we would not like to add other farmables.
Najyk
Hermit
Hermit
Minecraft Name: Najyk

Quick question: why are ghast tears on the list? They generally aren't items you are left with in big numbers, and apart from that they are pretty useful in for instance ender crystals or potions.

Other note, now that I think about it: could we maybe add phantom membranes on the list? Because those are items you can't ever use, so selling those would make a bit more sense to me (also can't be farmed in big numbers but in my case tend to clog up the inventory sometimes).
HayanTokki
Owner
Owner
Minecraft Name: HayanTokki

I can remove ghast tears. I wanted to incentivize killing of mobs you can't generate in farms. Phantoms work out nicely for that, so we will be changing this :) Thanks for the suggestion!
Kolas
Hermit
Hermit
Minecraft Name: kolas32613

add a trade for apples just as the saplings? sticks can be farmed from wood but apple trade might be useful.
Finding answers to your questions is a part of the Blockhermit experience.
Wixler_17
Hermit
Hermit
Minecraft Name: Wixler_17

Can we add grass blocks?
I went to bed and looked at the stars

and then I thought...

Where is my ceiling?
Munchkin
Old Hermit
Old Hermit
Minecraft Name: Munchkinnibbler

Can I just add that it seems a bit of a shame to completely remove the ability to sell ghast tears as it’s something that’s not too difficult to obtain and would incentivise a way to farm rhines. Perhaps they could be added back but with a smaller price say no more than 50-75 rhines if even as high as that.

Also as the spawn rate for ghasts has dramatically increased in 1.16, more players are going to encounter them and would then kill the ghast (for whatever reason, it could just be so that they’re not attacked) thus leaving a ghast tear which could create lag. Again this could incentivise people to actually collect the tear to sell for a little bit of money. However I do understand if ghast tears remain un-sellable.
Oh hello, I’m from Britain. Like drinking tea in the kitchen, we love queueing and the weather and being polite, there’s nothing better. :D