Explosions in the Nether still enabled

If you've run into a glitch or server error, please let us know here.
TheHypnon
Hermit
Hermit
Minecraft Name: TheHypnon

Well as the title states explosions at least through ghasts are still enabled outside of claims. Of course this is a vanilla feature but it was promised multiple times that all explosions, especially from ghasts, were supposed to be disabled in the nether. This was stated by HayanTokki at 17 Aug 2020, 02:11 in the thread "Nether roof for 1.16".

The 5 W's as demanded:
This affects everyone.
Explosions.
Everywhere in the nether.
Today but also some day before that.
Im not sure why this is happening I guess you'll have to change a 1 into a 0 somewhere.
Cobbett
Senior
Senior
Minecraft Name: Cobbett

Hmm. Difficult for me to check as I have perms to do anything. But it should be set up so that TNT can't be placed, and although beds can be the explosion shouldn't cause any block damage. What's exploding?
TheHypnon
Hermit
Hermit

Ghast shots
Tiberaus
Old Hermit
Old Hermit
Minecraft Name: Tiberaus

Are ghast shots the only thing that explodes? Can you place/explode beds or tnt? Do creeper or ender crystal explosions work?
Stay at home, Save the world.

"Asking for help is never an admission of defeat."
― Unknown

Block Hermit Non-Official DiscordSupport The Server
Cobbett
Senior
Senior

Ghast explosions are allowed. Can't make things too easy.
TheHypnon
Hermit
Hermit

Well that was fun I got blacklisted from the forum again.
The problem about that is that it was explicitly stated(check HayanTokkis Comments as posted above) that the ghast explosions would be disabled. And as you arent able to claim a nether area that is 64 times the size from before the conversion from 1:8 to 1:1 all your builds are vulnerable from ghast explosions.
Also it has absolutely nothing to with making things "too easy" ghast shots that disable netherportals or destroy builds that use blocks that arent explosion proof are a menance and force people to lower their build diversity.
IF that simply is not possible because turning off mobgriefing would also remove piglin barter then please make a post about it, that it isnt possible and a promise that was made before cant be realized in the end, as opposed of saying something like "not wanting to make things too easy".
Cobbett
Senior
Senior

Oh I fixed that a few days ago, as Hayan did apparently want that done. Although personally I wouldn't block that sort of vanilla behavior, it nerfs ghasts a bit too much.