lost of items due to severe lag

If you've run into a glitch or server error, please let us know here.
wfuzzypup
Hermit
Hermit
Minecraft Name: wfuzzypup

Hello who ever is in charge of reading these reports, i hope you have had a good day, and that you are in a good mood. earlier today, I was flying around the nether, just exploring near the SW portal, I was experiencing a bit of lag, I was fine with and continued flying, since I was well equipped. why flying and i had a lag spike and I died to a magma cube, this was very upsetting because I didn't know where i died due to the lag spike and since I was flying, fortunately, I was able to find my stuff by luck. while flying trying to figure the way back to the portal I experience a lot more lag, a big chunk of frames taken due to this lag, I was getting very little frames, and i'm not sure why, but my hold armor broke, and nearby Piglins came to attack me, and with the severe lag and low frames, I couldn't fight or run, and I kept rubber-banding while trying to eat one of my notch apples. I isolated the lag to the server because I wasn't the only one experiencing lag at the time, and I had no applications running, and had just restarted my PC so I had a lot of unused ram.

here is the info that is requested from the RBTP (read before you post)

Who: wfuzzypup
what: died and lost a lot of items due to server lag
Where: SW resource nether
When: August 26th 2020, around 7ish, i think
Why: server lag.

I looked through the chat logs and found the point where I died due to the lag, which I commented about how I was lagging before the incident. Which I can send through discord, because I do not know how to attach an image to this.

I appreciate your time reading through this, and I hope that you approve of refunding the items that I lost. I don't need or want everything I lost, just the important stuff. which is my armor, tools, and shulker (with the important items that were inside)
Bagels are round
hoost
Senior
Senior
Minecraft Name: hoost

There will be no refunds or rollbacks.

This is an established rule and it would be unfair to others who also lost things in similar circumstances t

Missing from your post was the mention that you had extensive help from lamp in game and they exhaustively searched and could not find anything. In fact, he spent 22 minutes solely focused on this search.

I see some comments concerning lag, but I also do not see massive errors or notifications from the server that it was having massive problems. But even if this were the case, it still would not be grounds for things to be restored.

In chat, and above, you specifically mentioned your not being able to eat your notch apple :

[23:47:12]<wfuzzypup> because like 10 pgilins came and when I tried to eat my god apple it kept rubbebanding and dint let me eat it

Per https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Food "Most foods can be eaten by holding down the right-click button with a food item in hand. It takes 1.61 seconds to eat most foods; dried kelp takes 0.865 seconds to eat. Additionally, a player can hold food in their off-hand in Java Edition."

Even assuming lag allowed piglin to get closer than you would have normally would have because lag made them skip frames or something, you being attacked and unable to eat because each hit resets the time it takes to eat something, is perfectly natural game mechanic.

I don't want to belabor the point but rollbacks and restorations are not done in these situations. But searching and trying to help find the items we do do on occasion. And this was done by lamp already. It is unfortunate they could not find them. Perhaps you may consider trying to retrace your steps and look for where you died as the chunks may still be unloaded. But with respect to any further actions on the BH side of things, there is nothing more that can be done.
“Remember! Reality's an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold! Byeeee!” - Anonymous, or is it?
Wixler_17
Old Hermit
Old Hermit
Minecraft Name: Wixler_17

I know that this part of the forums is meant for more administrative stuff, but I'd like to say something about the new nether and player death.

The nether in 1.16 is A LOT more deadly than previously. Even top players in the best armour can die in the best server conditions. I do heavily recommend people bringing totems, fire potions, and soul torches/warped fungus (for piglins/hoglins) and to check for server and client-side lag before going in. You can check server-side lag by doing the /lag command, which is a pretty good indicator for server-side, and you just need to press tab (assuming you haven't changed it) to check client-side ping. Also, ALWAYS have your F3 screen open, to allow coordinates to be found easier (Mac users might need to use Fn+F3 to access it)

Until the nether is open for players to make their own nether portals for an easy escape, I say take every precaution necessary.

Cheers
I went to bed and looked at the stars

and then I thought...

Where is my ceiling?
hoost
Senior
Senior
Minecraft Name: hoost

I would suggest carrying an enderchest and silk touch pickaxe as well.
“Remember! Reality's an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold! Byeeee!” - Anonymous, or is it?